Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Green Bay, WI
Team Lead Production- 1st Shift
Team Lead Production - 2nd Shift
Food Prep Associate
Product Labeling and Technical Information Specialist
Supplier FSQA Auditor
Project Manager - Commercialization
3rd Shift PMO-Level 1
2nd and 3rd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
2nd Shift PMO-Level 1
National Sales Director
3rd shift QA Technician
Morgan Hill, CA
1st & 2nd shift Kettle Cooks
Union City, CA
Human Resources Generalist
Customer Service Representative
Location: Green Bay, WI
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryResponsible for the procurement of raw materials, communication with vendors, and ensuring quality standards of raw materials. This position has the authority to act as a purchasing agent for the Company with an approximate annual spend budget of $30MM.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute raw material requirements for internal customers through ERP System
- Reorder raw materials within lead time specifications as needed, enter purchase order with detail to quantity and cost, communicate purchase order to vendor, and confirm/update pricing as needed.
- Adherence to inventory levels based on usage, forecast, minimum and maximum inventory ranges.
- Monitor daily raw material orders/logistics to ensure on-time deliveries and efficient production.
- Contact vendors when orders do not meet our standards (Ex: out of spec, not on time, incorrect quantity)
- Maintain product reorder data including lead time, minimum order quantity, minimum and maximum inventory levels, primary and secondary vendor.
- Maintain Vendor Database with contact and ordering info for customer service and sales representatives.
- Negotiate with vendors for competitive pricing and review new products.
- Qualify new suppliers as business needs change for the organization.
- Develop and implement cost reduction programs.
- New Vendor and Product setup (price quotation and negation, raw material specs, data setup).
- Invoice approval and reconciliation by researching supplier information, invoice approval software, and ERP data.
- Maintain pricing information for the purpose of tracking and placing contracts.
- Attend weekly KPI meetings and action initiatives to improve quality, reduce cost and reduce inventory.
- Use internal Supplier Evaluation Program to monitor supplier performance.
- Assist Operations Team (Receiving/Warehouse/Production/Planning/Transport) with raw material issues, delivery and pickup times, and ensure customer and supplier are aligned.
- Work with QA to action expiring inventory, manage raw material rejections and returns, and other issues as needed.
- Due to 24 hour delivery schedules, after hours and weekend communication may be required when issues arise.
- Project Management- Develops Plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- May perform other duties as required.
- *Key Responsibilities* Plan & Execute Raw Material requirements through ERP system
- Ensure raw materials are in stock for required production (Metric: Raw Material Shortage Report)
- Reduce inventory and cost to improve cash flow and increase company profitability while maintaining quality standards
- Work to reduce inventory levels (Metric: Weeks on Hand / Inventory Exposure)
- Look for cost saving opportunities (Metric: Material Price Variance)
- Ensure Quality of Raw Materials and Manage Vendors Quality Standards
- Ensure product quality standards (Metric: Raw Material Rejections/Returns)
- Manage raw material shortage reporting, raw materials planning, inbound delivery planning
- Ensure plant efficiency through proper communication and planning of raw materials (Metric: Downtime / Raw Material Shortage Report)
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in FIELD and/or INDUSTRY
- Specific industry knowledge of protein buying; i.e. chicken, beef, lamb, etc
- Commodity buying experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in driving consistently strong profitable sales growth
- Experienced working with Procurement/Supply Chain Planning
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge in chilled/refrigerated manufacturing industry
- Communicate effectively with suppliers and internal customers
- Strong negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and problem solving ability
- Working knowledge of Purchase to Pay business process
- Adept with the Microsoft Office Suite and strong understanding of ERP Systems
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to read and interpret raw material specifications and supplier documents
- Work independently in a face-paced environment
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Obsessive attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace and in ambiguous environments
- Passionate about food
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect