Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Green Bay, WI
Bone Room Lead
Food Prep Associate
Project Manager- Commercialization
3rd Shift Packing Team Leader
3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
Morgan Hill, CA
1st & 2nd shift Prep Cooks
1st & 2nd shift Kettle Cooks
1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic
2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
1st Shift Kettle Cook
2nd Shift Kettle Cook
1st Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
2nd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Manager
Union City, CA
Human Resources Generalist
Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryWhat makes Kettle Cuisine Unique?
Built on the foundation of our fresh, handcrafted bone broths, we have four purpose-built facilities with the highest standards of food safety, quality and customer service. We are uniquely positioned to deliver artisan quality at scale nation-wide. Our product range includes soups, sauces, sides, entrees, sous vide meats, glace and demi-glace, broth concentrates and meal solutions
The Quality Assurance Manager for our facility in Morgan Hill, CA is a key leader responsible for developing, planning and directing quality activities in support of the Company's quality assurance operations and goals, ensuring that company standards are achieved and maintained with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employees within the organization in all areas. This position is a key member of the management team and has direct budget responsibility for all areas which fall under his/her supervision. The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead subordinates and others. The Quality Assurance Manager must be a skilled communicator who is able to convey information, ideas and policy to all levels within the organization. This position reports to the Site Director. The number of reports varies by departments and includes supervisory, non-exempt and temporary employees.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the daily activities of Quality Assurance and Sanitation departments
- Responsible for hiring and managing performance of employees of assigned departments
- Establishes individual and departmental goals
- Develop and implement tracking programs to monitor progress of departmental goals and provided trend analysis to management
- Develop and implement KPIs that monitor adherence to company quality standards and progress in continuous improvement programs
- Responsible for ensuring the employees are trained, understand and follow company GMPs and food safety practices and adhere to established quality standards and safety guidelines.
- Establish formalized and scheduled training programs for all company employees in the areas of Quality Assurance and Sanitation that will instill and foster a "quality first" attitude company wide.
- Develop policies, procedures and systems for the management of 3rd party audits
- Responsible for external and internal product testing.
- Responsible for maintaining current records of all QA data which include current product and ingredient specifications and vendor qualifications as well as MSDS data.
- Handles all communication and coordination of activities with all regulatory agencies including USDA, FDA, Health Department and Waste Water.
- Manage/develop team members and team to effectively gain organizational support and produce fantastic results
- Implement/own MAV program
- Coordinate and pass annual SQF audit in accordance with high corporate standards
- Coordinate and pass all other third party quality, nutritional or food safety audits
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong USDA experience
- HACCP Certification
- Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related disciplines
- 10 years management experience within the food industry
- Bi-lingual is a plus (Spanish)
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (with ERP system experience preferred)