Join Our Team
Our passion for delicious food and our values have created a work environment and a company that's fun, inspiring and full of opportunities. Browse our openings to find the position that's right for you.
Green Bay, WI
Team Lead Production- 1st Shift
Food Prep Associate
Product Labeling and Technical Information Specialist
Supplier FSQA Auditor
Morgan Hill, CA
1st & 2nd shift Prep Cooks
1st & 2nd shift Kettle Cooks
1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic
2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
1st Shift Kettle Cook
2nd Shift Kettle Cook
1st Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
2nd Shift Packaging Machine Operator Maintainer
Quality Assurance Manager
Inventory Control Coordinator
Union City, CA
Human Resources Generalist
Customer Service Representative
Human Resources Generalist
Location: Union City, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Job SummaryAbout Kettle Cuisine:
Kettle Cuisine is a manufacturer of small-batch, all-natural soups, sauces, sous vide entrees and side dishes, serving the foodservice, national restaurant chains, and retail channels. By using the finest quality natural ingredients and classical artisan cooking techniques, Kettle Cuisine is committed to producing high quality, clean label products from scratch.
Main purpose of job:
The Kettle Cuisine plant in Union City, CA is currently searching for a Human Resources Generalist to provide HR support to the Management team and hourly employees in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment. Will also provide support to the HR Team at our Morgan Hill, CA facility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with Payroll for both plants such as audit time cards, calculate missed lunch penalties, ensure that Personnel Action Change Forms are complete and approved, and payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner, etc.
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, respond to benefits inquiries.
- Manage flow of temporary employees.
- Coordinate recruiting and staffing initiatives; phone screen and interview candidates, set up interviews, coordinate job fairs for both plants.
- Prepare new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientations and training.
- On board and off boarding employees.
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Track and maintain files for leaves of absence.
- Provide information to the HR Manager regarding employee relations and other confidential issues.
- Supporting and assist with safety program within the plant by participating in new hire and monthly training to all personnel, accident investigation and reporting, maintaining compliance documentation and postings as needed. Participate as a member in Safety Committee meetings. Order personal protective equipment and other safety materials for Union City and Morgan Hill.
- Coordinate training classes.
- Generate and update reports; track and report HR KPIs.
- Coordinate employee engagement and recreation activities for the facility.
- Travel to Morgan Hill to act as a backup to HR when needed.
- Order business cards for both sites (non-essential function).
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, or equivalent experience, and three (3) plus years of Human Resources experience or any similar combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English - is strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations. Previous experience with ADP and/or Paycom payroll systems is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
- Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Solid history of providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentational skills.
- Solid analytical, reasoning and deduction skills; high level of attention to details.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of California state and federal employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, and FLSA
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a cross functional team atmosphere
- Experience with positive employee relations in a multi-cultural food production or manufacturing environment
- Possess solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have understanding of OSHA regulations and record keeping requirements.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal direction.